[vlc-devel] Re: vlc: svn commit r14144 (dionoea)

Clément Stenac zorglub at via.ecp.fr
Fri Feb 3 12:01:03 CET 2006

Hello,

> I thought we were just fetching small files to see if there was a new
> update available. Didn't thing we needed another thread for that.

I think we always need a new thread because you don't want to hang if host
is unreachable for example.

> Do the recent cddb-support in vlc use a
> separate thread?

No(t yet ?). But there is a timeout for CDDB connection, and you wouldn't
get into this particular sort of problems anyway because CDDB connection
only happens on initial open of the disc, playback starts after that. But
I agree it would be better anyway.

OK, I will see about that : https://trac.videolan.org/vlc/ticket/532

--
Clément