[vlc-devel] Re: Contrib for Intel UPNP (was: Re: Re: vlc: svn commit r13899 (courmisch))

Christian Henz henz at c-lab.de
Fri Feb 3 16:50:08 CET 2006

Am Freitag, 3. Februar 2006 12:12 schrieb Christophe Mutricy:
> On Thu, Feb 02, 06 at 12:52 +0100, Christophe Mutricy wrote:
> > > There are patches on the SourceForge page for FreeBSD and Win32.
> > > (http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=7189&atid=307189)
> >
> > I'll try to put it in our contrib OS.
>
> The patch seems to apply cleanly. just it's a strange format and you
> have to help patch. if someone want a clean unified patch, just ask.

I am also playing around with this using mingw32 in Debian.
There are some compilation errors, and some linker errors.
I have attached a patch that fixes the compilation errors (applies
to libupnp-1.2.1a). There are also errors when using GCC 4! (3.3, 3.4 work)

Linking does not work yet with the available Makefiles. I had success manually
linking the .dll files though (ixml.dll, threadutil.dll, upnp.dll).

I also moved around the inet_pton.h/.c files and made sure that inet_pton.c is
actually built.

> Intel upnp requires pthread. That's the blocker at the moment. Until
> now, we don't use pthread in the win32 contrib. There is a pthread-win32
> LGPL lib so i'll try it and see if it add a lot of weight to the
> package.
>

> --
> Xtophe

cheers,