[vlc-devel] Re: Access https won't work

Viktor Haas viktor.haas at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 10:20:21 CET 2006

Hi,

I tried to reach a file which is on your trac server.
I got the same message:

gnutls error: TLS handshake failed : A TLS packet with unexpected
length was received.
main error: TLS/SSL session handshake error
access_http error: cannot establish HTTP/TLS session
gnutls error: TLS handshake failed : A TLS packet with unexpected
length was received.
main error: TLS/SSL session handshake error
access_http error: cannot establish HTTP/TLS session
main error: no suitable access module for
`https://trac.videolan.org/vlc/file/trunk/doc/release-howto.txt'

I know that release-howto.txt is not a media file but the result and
the problem is the same.
VLC can't establish connection and reach files on https servers.
I use the latest nightly bulids.
I think you can reproduce the problem other https servers.
I don't know where is the problem. Maybe in VLC or just in gnutls.
Please fix this problem.

Viktor