[vlc-devel] Bug, Re: xv problems with new via cle266 chipset revision

Greg Farrell greg at gregfarrell.org
Thu Feb 9 19:36:08 CET 2006

Further to my mail below:

Have discovered with help from Sam (thanks) that libmpeg2
does not respect the driver pitch values. So as the via driver returns
an xv surface of 736x576 for a request of 720x576 a mpeg decoded via
libmpeg2 will fail.

Also have subsequently discovered that using any of the deinterlace
filters also results in garbled output under these circumstances. The
distort filter works fine however :)

I managed to produce a work around for me that involves me modifying the
xv code's XvShmPutImage() so that it mangles the 736x576 buffer back to
a 720x576. This works for me but is a hard-coded, useless for the
general public hack.

Using ffmpeg to decode instead of libmpeg2 works, but you still can't
use deinterlace filters without mangling the output.

Just posting this here in case anybody else is experiencing the same
problem and finds my previous mails. Anybody who's driver bumps to
multiples of 32 like the unichrome does will experience these problems I
believe.

    Greg