[vlc-devel] Re: compile plugin for windows

Ahsan Habib habib at SIMS.Berkeley.EDU
Fri Feb 10 22:12:43 CET 2006

Dear Jean-Paul,

Many thanks for your help.

Now, I get to the point where the newly built vlc player and the activex
plugin is working fine. (fullscreen function of activex plugin does not
work). However, the mozilla plugin is NOT working, which is the main
reason I started compiling vlc in XP using cygwin. My goal is to add fast
play to mozilla plugin. I already have done it for Linux and it works
fine. The windows one is not working.

I am following the instruction written by Jean-Paul. Here is my config
file.

./bootstrap && \
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/win32/lib/pkgconfig \
CPPFLAGS="-I/cygdrive/c/gecko-sdk/include -I/usr/win32/include
-I/usr/win32/include/ebm l" \
LDFLAGS="-L/usr/win32/lib -L/cygdrive/d/gecko-sdk/lib" \
CC="gcc -mno-cygwin" CXX="g++ -mno-cygwin" \
./configure \
--disable-sdl \
--disable-gtk \
--enable-nls \
--enable-ffmpeg --with-ffmpeg-mp3lame --with-ffmpeg-faac \
--enable-libmpeg2 \
--with-ffmpeg-zlib --enable-faad --enable-flac --enable-theora \
--with-wx-config-path=/usr/win32/bin \
--with-freetype-config-path=/usr/win32/bin \
--with-fribidi-config-path=/usr/win32/bin \
--enable-caca --with-caca-config-path=/usr/win32/bin \
--with-xml2-config-path=/usr/win32/bin \
--disable-cddax --disable-vcdx --enable-goom \
--enable-toolame \
--disable-debug \
--enable-optimizations \
--enable-release \
--enable-mozilla \
--with-mozilla-sdk-path=/cygdrive/c/gecko-sdk \
--enable-activex \
--disable-mkv \
--disable-ebml \
--disable-livedotcom \
--disable-mod

If you see anything that might be the reason that mozilla plugin is not
working, please let me know. It will be a great help for me.

Would you guys consider providing fast play and slow play for mozilla
plugin in your next release? It will take only one minute of your time to
expose these two functions.

The fullscreen feature of activex plugin does not work. I tried the vlc
distribution and also the newly complied one. Do you think of any reason
why fullscreen does not work?

Many thanks for your time and help. If I can be any help for the project,
I would like to do it.

Regards,

--Ahsan