[vlc-devel] Re: [patch] unifying meta-information access

Clément Stenac zorglub at via.ecp.fr
Wed Feb 15 08:12:45 CET 2006

Hello,

> i'm currently working on an XSPF playlist demuxer and exporter.

Now, that's great, we wanted this feature. Do you plan on using some
sort of extensions to store the extra VLC information ? (input options,
tree structure, ...) ?

> This patch unifies access to the meta-information by using the translated #definitions.

You shouldn't need to use _(VLC_META_X) as VLC_META_X is already defined
as N_("X").

I think defining something for "Meta-information" might be good to, or
even defining a new function vlc_input_item_GetMeta( input_item_t *,
char *) used like vlc_input_item_GetMeta( &p_item->input,
VLC_META_ARTIST ).

Could you please have a look at this, as I think it would make things
clearer ?

Thanks,

--
Clément