[vlc-devel] Re: (Please Help)What is the function of the h264/avc video packetizer?

Benjamin Pracht bigben+spam at videolan.org
Sun Feb 19 16:27:11 CET 2006

Le dimanche 19 février 2006 à 23:08 +0800, Nelson Lam a écrit :
> Hi everyone,
>
> I would like to ask what the output format of the h264/avc video packetizer
> is? And what is the function of the packetizer? Besides, ffmpeg has its own
> demuxer. I would like to ask why there is a duplicated H264 Video demuxer in
> the demuxer/mpeg folder? I have studied the code for a few days but I still
> dont know what it is... Could anyone please help me? ^^

Our mp4 demuxer is older than libavformat, I guess. The same way, our
h264 raw demuxer must date back the first developments of x264 / the
ffmpeg H264 decoder. We also have always tried not to rely on
libavformat to demux our streams, although we can use it.

The prupose of the packetizer it to organise data comming from the demux
in long enough logical entities that are fit to be sent either to the
decoder or to stream output.

--
BigBen