[vlc-devel] Re: [Daniel Stränger <me at schmaller.de>] introducing XSPF support

Antoine Cellerier dionoea at videolan.org
Sun Feb 19 23:57:44 CET 2006

On Sun, Feb 19, 2006, System administration wrote:
> as announced some days ago, here is my xspf extension.

Looks nice :)

> PS:Are there any rules for defining the extension's structure?

not that i know. As zorglub says, you need to keep it interoperable with
other players.

I was thinking about something like

<playlist>
  <extension>
    <node label="..." id="some number">
      <node ...>
      </node>
    </node>
  </extension>
  <trackList>
    <track>
      <extension>
        <node>parent node id</node>
      </extension>
    </track>
  </trackList>
</playlist>

Building the node structure would be really easy (since you just
replicate the xml structure).
Adding each track to the right node would also be easy (maybe keep an
associative array with id <-> playlist node pointer, i think that this
kind of array is now available in VLC core)

--
Antoine Cellerier
dionoea