[vlc-devel] Re: Bug in H264 demux & packetizer

Benjamin Pracht bigben+spam at videolan.org
Wed Feb 22 21:15:49 CET 2006

On Wed, Feb 22, 2006, Nelson Lam wrote :
> Hi everyone,
>
> I used ffmpeg as the h264 decoder and disabled the
> demux function of ffmpeg. I used h264 demux + h264/avc
> video packetizer instead. I tried to play a h264 video
> which has 3 frames. However, vlc only played 1 frame.
> The video is in annexB format. I would like to ask
> what the problem is and how to solve it?

Does VLC complain about any missed frame, or anything ?

VLC uses a different thread for the decoding and the video output. The
spawning of a video output may take some time, leading to a few lost
frames at the beginning of the stream. If that is the issue, you should
get all frames when looping the stream.

--
BigBen