[vlc-devel] Re: where can i find decoder selection part?

Nelson Lam nelson.lam at student.cityu.edu.hk
Mon Feb 27 20:35:45 CET 2006

>===== Original Message From  =====
Hi John,

Regarding to your question, the decoder is selected by the code:
if( p_dec->fmt_in.i_codec != VLC_FOURCC('d','r','a','c') )
/* your should change your fourcc, serach in google for fourcc for more info.
*/
    {
        return VLC_EGENERIC;
    }

I suggest you can read the modules/codec/diarc.c as an example. The dirac
codec has a clear API document for you to trace the code. Besides, the API
document is old so it is not compatible with recent verisons.

Hope my suggestion is helpful ^^

Regards,
Nelson