[vlc-devel] Re: Patch for upnp service discovery plugin

Christian Henz henz at c-lab.de
Wed Jan 4 16:18:46 CET 2006

Am Montag, 26. Dezember 2005 18:20 schrieb Rémi Denis-Courmont:
> Le Jeudi 22 Décembre 2005 20:49, Christian Henz a écrit :
> > There is also another issue: VLC segfaults in the playlist code
> > after a couple of updates.
>
> Does it do the same without the patch ? If not, I'd rather not commit it
> until it is fixed for obvious reasons.

Yes, this patch is not really suitable for inclusion. It was meant more as
a snapshot of my experiments :-) It is a brute force approach to adress
the problem with the out-of-sync playlists from the TwonkyVision server,
and it doesn't even fully fix that. I was hoping for some comments on the
whole issue, but it seems I'm the only one currently hacking on this stuff.

Well, I will do some more testing and read up on the UPnP specs and
hopefully have this implemented properly soon.

cheers,
Christian