[vlc-devel] Re: vlc: svn commit r13823 (zorglub)

Derk-Jan Hartman hartman at videolan.org
Wed Jan 4 18:23:25 CET 2006

On 4-jan-2006, at 17:39, Sigmund Augdal Helberg wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-01-04 at 16:31 +0000, Dermot McGahon wrote:
>> Subversion daemon wrote:
>>
>>> r13823 | zorglub | 2005-12-25 21:35:25 +0100 (Sun, 25 Dec 2005) |
>>> 2 lines
>>> Changed paths:
>>>   M /trunk/src/playlist/playlist.c
>>>
>>> Fix SAP autoplay, patch by Dermot McGahon. Thanks

>> This patch blocks legitimate requests to play the item from working.
>>
>> I don't know how to fix this properly. If a sap announcement is on
>> the
>> playlist when the RC interface is startup up, it would be good not to
>> play it. But, goto from the RC interface should continue to work.
>>
>> Anybody know how to fix this?
> Yes. Delay service discovery module loading untill after the blocking
> VLC_AddIntf. This can offcourse not be done in libvlc.c, since the
> above-mentioned call is blocking. Perhaps it can be accomplished in
> the
> service discovery core otherwise it must be done in each and every
> sd-module.

It should be done in src/playlist/services_discovery.c :: RunSD
This is a separate thread. it can get a while( primaryintf = !
loaded ) sleep( 200) before the p_sd->pf_run( p_sd );

The problem is while( primaryintf = !loaded )
I have no idea how to retrieve that information. It has to check
EVERY single instance of p_intf in existence wether one of them has
p_intf->b_block == VLC_TRUE;

Anyone know how to do that?

DJ

PS the previous patch really needs to be reverted. it's breaking
things a lot in the OSX intf as well i suspect.