[vlc-devel] chasing playlist bug ...

jmzorko at mac.com jmzorko at mac.com
Wed Jan 11 00:29:48 CET 2006

Hello, all ...

VLC 0.8.4a has an issue where, if I stream a playlist to a multicast
address and then, using the rc interface over telnet, add a new item
to the playlist, two things happen:

1. the new playlist item plays immediately (this is because
PLAYLIST_GO is specified in playlist_AddItem, I verified this with
and without)
2. when the new playlist item plays, it doesn't play to the multicast
address, it plays on the VLC acting as the server (the one doing the
streaming) ...

I'm looking at the code to determine how to fix it.  I see the
playlist thread code (which calls PlayItem() when the next item needs
to be played), but I don't know exactly where the sout instance is
created per playlist item (or why it's not being created, or being
created incorrectly, for items added to the playlist after the fact).

Can anyone give me a hint as to where to look?

Regards,

John

Falling You - exploring the beauty of voice and sound
http://www.fallingyou.com