[vlc-devel] VLM streaming internals?

jmzorko at mac.com jmzorko at mac.com
Sat Jan 14 00:08:55 CET 2006

Hello, all ...

I'm about to look at the source for this, but i'm wondering how VLM
is implemented in VLC from the perspective of reader / streamer
threads.  Does VLM instantiate a "mini-VLC" (that being, input
thread, demuxer, remuxer, output thread) for every channel defined in
the config file, or does it amalgamate all read operations on all
channels on one thread, and all write / stream operations for all
channels on another?

I'm mainly interested in how a VLM streaming n broadcast channels
compares to n instances of VLC each streaming a channel, from the
perspective of disk usage / contention.

Regards,

John

Falling You - exploring the beauty of voice and sound
http://www.fallingyou.com