[vlc-devel] Re: vlc: svn commit r13909 (jpsaman)

Paul Sokolovsky pmiscml at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 09:53:45 CET 2006

Hello vlc-devel,

> r13909 | jpsaman | 2006-01-14 10:36:16 +0100 (Sat, 14 Jan 2006) | 1 line
> Changed paths:
>    M /trunk/modules/access/dshow/common.h
>    M /trunk/modules/access/dshow/dshow.cpp
>
> Revert revision 13903. It is implemented in a different way by checking if the
> option --dshow-chroma is set. If it is set then the chroma is forced, otherwise
> it is not. This should solve the regression of previous commit, by letting users
> specify the chroma type to use. To get the previous default behaviour specify IV420
> as preferred chroma type either on the commandline or in the Capture Device advanced tab.

  Thanks for fixing this! But I'm not entirely sure it really does
exactly that. So, now, if dshow-croma is specified, it will enumerate only
metiatypes compatible with specified chroma, but then again will add
*hardcoded* I420 to the list which will likely be selected due to its
priority. Some next poor guy might bang his head against this issue
;-).

  Well, I guess the current aim is to fix reported issue and don't
remove the previous behavior completely, possibly because it was known
to solve some issue previously and cannot be readily tested now. But
what device needs that anyway?

--
Best regards,
 Paul                          mailto:pmiscml at gmail.com