[vlc-devel] trying to compile VLC under Cygwin -- libiconv?

jmzorko at mac.com jmzorko at mac.com
Wed Jan 18 03:44:27 CET 2006

Hello, all ...

Following the instructions for building VLC 0.8.4a (unchanged) on
Windows boxes, I installed the packages referenced (BTW, the list at
the end of those instructions is old and no longer exactly matches
what is available under Cygwin now).  Anyway, after running
bootstrap, I ran configure with the options specified in the
instructions, and it's coming back with "error: libiconv is needed
for VLC to work properly."  The thing is, libiconv is installed --
the Cygwin setup program shows it (in the Curr list as "Keep" at
v1.9.2-2).

Has anyone any ideas of things to try?  I can compile on OSX Tiger
with no problem, but I need to be able to do so on a Windows box as
well.

Regards,

John

Falling You - exploring the beauty of voice and sound
http://www.fallingyou.com