[vlc-devel] Re: vlc: svn commit r13899 (courmisch)

Christian Henz henz at c-lab.de
Thu Jan 26 15:12:05 CET 2006

Am Mittwoch, 25. Januar 2006 20:55 schrieb Derk-Jan Hartman:
> On 25-jan-2006, at 20:33, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> > Le Mercredi 25 Janvier 2006 20:18, Antoine Cellerier a écrit :
> >> It sure would be nice to have the patch. Especially if this upnp lib
> >> is crossplatform (linux, max & windows).
> >
> > « The Linux SDK for UPnP Devices v1.2 is an SDK for development of
> > UPnP
> > device and control point applications for Linux. »
> >
> > It won't compile on BSD as is, so neither on Mac OS X.
>
> Well that can be fixed with a little work, i'm sure.
>
> > And it's
> > definitely not going to work on Windows.
>
> Now that is an issue of course. However Cyberlink+friends is a major
> pain regardless, so if we can dump it, I say we should.
>
> DJ

I think the main dependencies of libupnp are BSD sockets and
POSIX threads.

There are patches on the SourceForge page for FreeBSD and Win32.
(http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=7189&atid=307189)

The BSD patch is trivial, the Win32 patch is a little more involved but
basically seems to consist of the usual BSD to Winsock modifications
and some conversion routines not found in Windows apparently.

It looks like a portable tree could be created with relatively low effort,
but it probably won't happen upstream since the project seems to be
dormant since 2003.

cheers,
Christian