[vlc-devel] [Hor Keng Seng <horkengseng at info.flexcomm.com.cn>] [Fwd: Re: Re: Please help: main audio output error & fb video output error in VLC v0.6.2 on XScale platform

System administration admin at via.ecp.fr
Thu Jan 26 16:02:54 CET 2006

The deleted attachment is at:
    <http://www.videolan.org/~admin/20060126-videolan/debug.log>

----- Forwarded message from Hor Keng Seng <horkengseng at info.flexcomm.com.cn> -----

From: Hor Keng Seng <horkengseng at info.flexcomm.com.cn>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 08:43:17 +0800
Subject: [Fwd: Re: [vlc-devel] Re: Please help: main audio output error &
 fb video output error in VLC v0.6.2 on XScale platform

Hi,

Resend the mail, please see the forwarded messages, thanks!

Cheers,
KS

From: Hor Keng Seng <horkengseng at info.flexcomm.com.cn>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 13:28:00 +0800
To: vlc-devel at videolan.org
Subject: Re: [vlc-devel] Re: Please help: main audio output error & fb video
 output error in VLC v0.6.2 on XScale platform

Hi Christophe Mutricy,

Just to know that I got the replied mail, thanks. :)

Right now, i was using VLC v0.6.2 for cross-compiling on IXP425-based
development board. Recently, I'm facing the main output error and fb video
output error, as below:

[00000137] oss audio output error: cannot open audio device (/dev/dsp)
[00000137] main audio output error: couldn't find a filter for the conversion
[00000137] main audio output error: couldn't set an output pipeline
[00000139] fb video output error: cannot get terminal mode (Invalid argument)

Why I using this version is because the MVL v3.1 compiler was used the gcc
version that less than v3. I got some sort of "vlc_entry_xxx" errors while
cross-compiled with the latest version of VLC. Suspected that the version
imcompatibility between VLC v0.8.4a and MVL v3.1.

For VLC v0.6.2, herewith attached my debug.log file for your reference. The
errors seem to be the player can't find the suitable decoder to output the
media files. Please advise!

May I know how can I get this VLC 0.1.0? or which version is supported
IXP425-based development board? Anyone have any guidelines on developing VLC on
this kind of platform, please share it with me, thanks!

Thanks for the help.

Cheers,
KS

Christophe Mutricy wrote:

        I'm currently cross-compiling VLC v0.6 in a XScale environment, the

                                       ^^^^^^^^

    Why not VLC 0.1.0 while you are at it ? ;)
    VLC 0.6.0 is 2 1/2 years old.

    You should use VLC 0.8.4 or the current svn.

    --
    Xtophe

----- End forwarded message -----

--