[vlc-devel] Re: embedding vlc into IE

Kevin H. Patterson kevpatt at khptech.com
Fri Jul 7 17:31:37 CEST 2006

Yan Lu wrote:

> Hi All,
>

> Anyone can tell me how to configure Internet Explorer to launch VLC?
> Thanks in advance.
>

> Yan

There is a nice demo page here that embeds VLC into both IE and
Mozilla-type browsers. You can easily view the page's source code to see
how things are done. This is the best resource I've found yet for
learning this.

There isn't any IE-specific configuration per se., you just need to
install VLC on the client machine and make sure to check the checkboxes
for the browser plugins, and they will be installed.

I wish there was a mini-installer for just the browser plugins, it would
be nice for sites that want to embed VLC on their pages. Anybody know of
this? (The regular VLC player would be OK too but the browser plugins to
install are not checked by default...)

-Kevin H. Patterson