[vlc-devel] Re: Like to help with the development...

Jean-Paul Saman jean-paul.saman at planet.nl
Sun Jul 9 17:45:43 CEST 2006

Markus Ruettimann wrote:
> Hi
> I like to do something for the RTCP support in VLC. Please send me the
> information how I should contact.
> Thanks
> Toomy

For RTCP support there is a branch svn.videolan.org/branches/0.8.6-rtcp
it implements the RFC 3550 from IETF. The current status is:

To start working checkout the RTCP branch at:

svn co svn.videolan.org/vlc/branches/0.8.6-rtcp

In the directory modules/mux/rtp is the source code.

What has been done:
- partial implementation of RFC 3550 (except RTCP scheduling code)
- RTCP packet decoding and encoding function (not tested and not
compiled) Apart from compiler errors this should be fairly complete. No
quarantee though ;-)
- Some higher level scheduling algorithms (not entirely finished)

What should be done:
- Read RFC 3550 (http://www.ietf.org)
- VLC Coding Style ;-)
- RTCP streamout VLC module (get session information from RTSP/HTTP)
     common socket listening code with RTSP/HTTP
- Compiling/building
- Testing against VLC's live555 module

Name of contact for this work: Jean-Paul Saman.

Me ;-)

Gtz,
Jean-Paul Saman.