[vlc-devel] Re: Raising events

Dugal Harris dugalh at thales.co.za
Tue Jul 11 16:56:10 CEST 2006

Dugal Harris wrote:

> Hi
>
> Is there any exisitng way for plugins/modules to raise external events
> (such as in a libVLC hosting application).  For example a video filter
> such as a motion detector may want to notify the hosting application
> when and where motion is detected.
>
> Thanks
> Dugal Harris

Shall I assume that the lack of response to this means that

A) It is impossible
B) It is trivial
C) Nobody cares?

The only way I can see of doing this without changing the core is to
hack VLC_VariableSet() to take a function pointer to an external event
handler and then call this from inside a video filter.  Any better ideas?

Thanks
Dugal