[vlc-devel] Re: jvlc-win32-060612 not playing video

Pantelis Evgenidis peyg at intracom.gr
Mon Jul 17 11:19:26 CEST 2006

Filippo Carone wrote:

> Pantelis Evgenidis ha scritto:
>
>>> On the configure line add: --enable-java-bindings . Then make
>>> install and java bindings in the bindings/java directory should work.
>>

>> First off, I started with this. The problem was (is) that after
>> compiling I read in the FAQ file inside bindings/java that it only
>> works on linux and not on win32. That is why I droped it an got the
>> binary package instead.
>

> Well, I've just updated the FAQ: --enable-java-bindings works for
> win32. Please use that and report any problems with this.

Unfortunately I am behind a firewall and getting the lateset svn trunk
is a bit of drag for me, so I'll take your word for it :-))

Now to the matter at hand.
There is problem in org/videolan/JVLC.java
I have replaced the following line
System.load(System.getProperty( "user.dir" ) + "/libjvlc.so" );
with:
System.loadLibrary("jvlc");

Unfortunately when I try to run the test I get an EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION

any insights?

Pantelis