[vlc-devel] Re: VLC_TimeGet and VLC_TimeSet precision

Rémi Denis-Courmont rem at videolan.org
Tue Jun 6 22:02:16 CEST 2006

Le Mardi 6 Juin 2006 19:06, Guillaume Ceccarelli a écrit :
> I was wondering if it could be possible to get a more accurate
> measurement of the time inside an app using LibVLC ?

mdate() gets a 63-bits microseconds time (mtime_t is int64_t), mwait()
waits until such a date, and msleep() waits for a given amount of
microseconds.

However, the time involved is NOT wall clock. Its absolute value is
platform-dependant and has to be regarded as completely meaningless.

http://www.remlab.net/