[vlc-devel] Still having problems with autopoint on Cygwin...

Mark Moriarty mfmbusiness at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 9 13:14:47 CEST 2006

Hi --
I reported this a few months back, still seeing it.
I'm running a current Cygwin installation, doing the build of extras/contrib
route.
After the extras/contrib has been built, I do my bootstrap/configure/make
sequence at the main trunk.
For some reason the autopoint (that has been built in extras/config) does
not work properly -- it isn't copying the various files into the intl
directory.
I ended up patching my local copy of autopoint, the one in
extras/contrib/bin, using:
#MFM addition, at line 417
cd "archive"
mkdir "intl"
cd "intl"
for file in `find "$gettext_dir/intl" -type f -print | sed -e
"s,^$work_dir/archive/,," | LC_ALL=C sort`; do
  cp "$file" .
done
cd ..
cd ..

(What's wrong is that the autopoint isn't properly creating the intl
directory and populating it.  The above is clunky, but what I do to get that
necessary directory in place.)

Mark