[vlc-devel] transcoding video stream

mudeem siddiqui mudeem at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 21 07:58:57 CEST 2006

hi

  I am new to VLC and just started looking through the code and documentation. Actually what I want to do is to get the decoded video stream and encode is using my own encoder. My encoder takes YUV input.

I just skimmed through the documentation and there is a section of YUV plugin which doesn't go into much depth. Before I really jump into the code, I just wanted to make sure if what I want to do is possible.

I would like to do this so that it is OS independant.

  Thanks & Regards
  Mudeem