[vlc-devel] Re: problems with many libvlc instances

Filippo Carone filippo at carone.org
Tue Jun 27 12:35:24 CEST 2006

Donoso Gabilondo, Daniel ha scritto:

> Thanks for your help.
>
> I saw in the libvlc.h file is not any method to change the video-x,
> video-y, width an height values, only can set the values in the instance
> initialization (libvlc_new function). How can I change them with my
> application? Must I modify the libvlc library to make the methods?

No. First of all you should use functions in src/control/*.c files (so
functions listed in include/vlc/libvlc.h).

In src/control/core.c there's the function:

libvlc_instance_t * libvlc_new( int argc, char **argv,
                                 libvlc_exception_t *p_exception )

**argv contains the options vlc usually takes on the command line. That
is the place where to specify video-x and video-y (handle argv as libc
does).

Cheers,
fc