[vlc-devel] Re: problems with many libvlc instances

Damien Fouilleul damien.fouilleul at laposte.net
Thu Jun 29 13:07:47 CEST 2006

I confirm, you CAN create multiple instances of libvlc, however there is
an issue on WIN32 when more than 2 instances are created, it seems to be
located in the plugin detection. Ideally this part of the code (and some
others) should only be executed once for the first instance (heavyweight
instantiation) and shared with subsequent instances (lightweight
instantiation).

Damien