[vlc-devel] SVG vs Freetype renderer.

Derk-Jan Hartman hartman at videolan.org
Wed Mar 1 15:27:18 CET 2006

Apparently the SVG text renderer has a higher module score then
freetype.
The problem here is that the SVG text renderer isn't really actively
used as far as i know by anyone but Olivier. However Gentoo or other
linux distro's will simply compile with the SVG renderer and use that
instead of freetype.

How are we gonna solve this issue with the text renderers ?
There is no preference option to select one over the other, and in my
opinion atm the freetype module definitely should be used over the
SVG one.

DJ