[vlc-devel] Re: compile problem: missing "vlc_url.h"

frahm at irsamc.ups-tlse.fr frahm at irsamc.ups-tlse.fr
Fri Mar 3 10:27:38 CET 2006

On  2 Mar, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> Le Jeudi 2 Mars 2006 13:18, frahm at irsamc.ups-tlse.fr a écrit :
>> When I try to compile the latest snapshot versions (1st and 2nd mars
>> 2006)
>
> The problem should be fixed now. In any case, you should rather use SVN
> checkouts rather than source snapshots, to build development versions.
> The snapshots keep being broken and is not quite thoroughly checked
> except before releases.

Thanks for the information. I tried out the vlc-trunk yesterday and it
compiles fine (and the binary seem to work fine). Normally I don't like
the svn checkout because I have to run the bootstrap script which takes
quite some (additional) time on my old machine (in addition to the
configuration and compilation). I even noticed that even a simple "make
clean" may rerun the bootstrap script. Therefore it is a bit more
inconvenient. In any case this is not very important. I was only worried
that in my system some special tool/library was missing or only
available for an old version thus creating the compile problem. A
simple bug between svn checkout and snapshat explains everyting, in
particular the fact that other people did not see the compile problem
earlier (that is was worried me!!).

Greetings, Klaus.