[vlc-devel] Re: Trick mode support for MPEG2 TS

Christophe Burgalat c.burgalat at broadcastavenue.com
Fri Mar 3 11:40:19 CET 2006

> On Fri, 2006-03-03 at 02:00 -0800, yj wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I would like to know how to implement the Trick mode
> > support for MPEG2 TS stream.
> > Actually, I want to get a RTSP server with the above
> > feature.
>
> There have been patches submitted by glen at lincor.com to provide
> trickplay support with vlc and Kasenna servers. Works well.
>
> Kasenna's are not cheap though.
>
>    Greg

Yes but this patch only concerns VLC as a client, I'm right ?
It seems to be possible to integrate this feature also in VLC as a RTSP
server.
I began to try developping it (in fact, fast forward only) and even if it
sometimes work well, I'm not sure to do it the right way... I wonder how
Kasenna server implements this feature.

Christophe