[vlc-devel] Re: digital channel HD streaming!!

Benjamin Pracht bigben+spam at videolan.org
Sun Mar 5 14:48:39 CET 2006

Le vendredi 03 mars 2006 à 23:07 +0100, toni a écrit :
> I can use VLC for streaming all channels from our cable-provider
> directly to computer.. I saw also 2 HD channels Premier HD and Canal+
> HD . When i stream it picture is slow and a lot of green artifacts!!
> Will be possible to stream also HD channels in near future with VLC??
>
> i tried also save to file *.TS and then watching with some other
> program but no succes!!

There is no reason you shouldn't be able to stream HD contents with
VLC... There might be a packet loss issue or a lack of power to decode
the stream here... Either way, the debug infos would be required to see
where the issue is.

Only few players are able to read TS. Try to mux in another format (ps
or mp4 depending on the video codec)

--
BigBen