[vlc-devel] Re: Trick mode support for MPEG2 TS

yj yunjnz at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 6 08:59:14 CET 2006

As a simple implementation, I think Fast Forward can
be implemented by only decode I-Frame(if we need
faster forward, we may discard some I-Frames...),
But in this mode, how can we implement Slow Play?
and how to determine which frame is I-Frame? I didn't
find any flags for frame type in the MPEG2 TS frame
structure, can you help me?
Also, how to determine the whole length of the TS
stream?

--- Christophe Burgalat