[vlc-devel] Switching between streams

Patrick Scharrenberg pittipatti at web.de
Tue Mar 7 16:41:20 CET 2006

Hi!

I have to implement a mechanism to switch between streams on the server-side
for getting a continuous output-stream.

The switching should be smooth, so I want to wait for an I-frame in the stream
I want to switch to, and then switch.

I first thought of re-using the mosaic-filter. This works great, but since it
is a filter, all streams are decoded allready and I don't want to recode the
stream.
Maybe I can re-use the mosaic-bridge in some other way?

I don't know where to implement it. Maybe I can implement this functionality
as stream-out-module, or has it to be in an earlier position in the
vlc-chain?

Would you be so kind and give me some hints where it would be best to
implement this in VLC?

With kind regards,
Patrick