[vlc-devel] Re: AMR streaming

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Mar 17 11:32:30 CET 2006

>PS. As I see, AMR support in rtp in live555 library is broken,

No.  After testing with the two URLs that you sent me
         rtsp://217.19.213.233:554/cfamr.avi.3gp
         rtsp://217.19.213.233:1554/cfamr.avi.3gp
I don't believe there is any problem with the "LIVE555 Streaming
Media" libraries.

The reason I conclude this is that I can run the "openRTSP"
command-line RTSP client on these URLs, and the resulting audio file
plays perfectly in QuickTime Player.  (I can also stream the file
using "testOnDemandRTSPServer", and receive/play the stream using
QuickTime Player.)

However, I can't play the audio file (or the RTSP/RTP stream) using VLC.

Therefore, the problem seems to be with the AMR audio decoder that
VLC uses.  This is where you should look to try to solve this problem.

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
	<http://www.live555.com/>