[vlc-devel] Re: [vlc] Re: AMR stream query

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Mar 17 22:08:49 CET 2006

At 01:02 PM 3/17/2006, Chris Dobbs wrote:
>Hi Ross,
>Thanks for your interest. It does seem that VLC is incorrectly using the
>live555 code to extract the AMR speech frames.

Chris,

Please forget about RTSP/RTP for now.  Can you get VLC to play the file
         http://www.live555.com/test.amr
(either locally, or via HTTP)?

If you can't (and it doesn't work for me with version 0.8.5-test1 on
Windows), then I suggest that you look at thar problem first (because
solving this will likely solve the problem with AMR RTSP/RTP streams).

If, however, that file *does* play OK for you, then do you know why
it doesn't work for VLC version 0.8.5-test1 on Windows?

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
	<http://www.live555.com/>