[vlc-devel] http-Interface and PHP

Peter Wendorff wendorff at uni-paderborn.de
Sat Mar 18 19:19:10 CET 2006

Hi!
A few months ago I asked the first time:
What's the matter with connecting the http-Interface with PHP and other
common web-languages?
I read the MailingList permanently, and at the moment there are a lot of
messages regarding changes at the http-Interface, which would such
simple, if it can be done in php or something else.
An API for using VLC with PHP would make it very simple to connect VLC
with Databases for local media - so I plan to write a
network-administrated Music-Player for the living-Room, so that everyone
in the flat can administrate Playlist etc from his own PC.
But the standard-http-interface is not the thing I wish.
So - isn't it less difficult to make an API for PHP and using it for the
interface than using C?
I would participate in developing the http-Interface, but I don't have
the time to learn C therefore.
Regards
Peter Wendorff
Student, Paderborn, Germany