[vlc-devel] Re: http-Interface and PHP

Peter Wendorff wendorff at uni-paderborn.de
Mon Mar 20 11:03:34 CET 2006

PERET Pierre-Hugues schrieb:
> With more details you can use http-handlers to use server side
> scripting (perl, php or other).
> In past msg :
> 1. start the vlc like this:
> # vlc -vvv --extraintf http --http-handlers php=/usr/bin/php -I telnet
> ---....
OK - thats simple...

> 2. In yours *.php pages you have to put something like this:(your php
> script must contain the header("Content-Type: text") )
Sending a header is simple also...

> <?php echo("Content-Type: text/html\n\n" ); ?>
But why should I send a text "Content-Type: text/html"??? Where this is
parsed?
And where I can find the list of commands I can use with PHP now to
control the VLC?

> Just beware of the line "Content-Type" its case sensitive.
Yes - sure it is in the header.

So - it's nice to see, that there is an API to control it via PHP etc,
but I don't know how exactly yet.
Yours Sincerely
Peter Wendorff