[vlc-devel] Re: command line application and input stream from network

Rémi Denis-Courmont rem at videolan.org
Wed Mar 29 09:37:12 CEST 2006

	Hello,

Le Mercredi 29 Mars 2006 01:31, Yan Lu a écrit :
> 1.	I wish to run a command line vlc application. I have downloaded
> and installed a vlc which provides GUI, I am wondering how to run vlc
> command line application, whether it is a separated application?

"vlc -I rc" gives you a command line interface, while "vlc -I dummy"
gives you no interface at all. Also "vlc -I http" and "vlc -I telnet"
might also be worth mentioning.

> 2.	I have intent to receive an encoded video stream from other hosts
> that broadcast the encoded streams via UDP with proprietary protocol.
> I intend to modify vlc udp input code. I wish to get suggestion which
> modules and source code files may be related to udp input.

modules/access/udp.c contains the UDP input, and a basic RTP one. Our
UDP input has no re-ordering, which often causes problem on multipath
networks.

http://www.simphalempin.com/home/