[vlc-devel] Re: VLM Port Range/HTTP-Streaming

Benjamin Pracht bigben+spam at videolan.org
Wed Mar 29 19:04:30 CEST 2006

Le mardi 28 mars 2006 à 16:04 +0200, Dominik Dunst a écrit :
> Hi!
>
> I wanna stream in a network with blocked UDP-Ports, I read in the
> forum that vlc-0.8.5svn has the option to stream rtsp over http
> (--rtsp-http), but ther is no clear howto.
>
> my secound question ist, if it is possible to set a port-range for the
> VLC-VLM server.
>
> thank you for your help and work!

That mean that you need to enable this option, either in the command
line (add the --rtsp-http option), or in the interfaces, in the
preferences panel, Input/Codecs, Demuxer, RTP/RTSP.

About the second question, you can use the --rtsp-host option to set up
the port the rtsp server listens to, and the --sout-rtp-port /
-sout-rtp-port-audio / --sout-rtp-port-video options to set up the
destination rtp ports.

--
BigBen