[vlc-devel] Re: error compiling vlc on gentoo system

Christophe Mutricy xtophe at nxtelevision.com
Thu Mar 30 12:01:14 CEST 2006

On Thu, Mar 30, 06 at 12:42 +0300, Edmundas Bajorinas wrote:
> what is wrong here:
>
> BUILD   : libwxwidgets_plugin.dll
> mkdir .libs
> BUILD   : libwxwidgets_plugin.dll
> /usr/win32/lib/libwx_base-2.6-i586-mingw32msvc.a(baselib_wxchar.o):wxchar.cpp:(.text+0x3b):
> undefined reference to `_mbsrtowcs'

Looks like there is some confusion on wether wxwidgets was built with
unicode support or not.

I guess you use the contrib package from our FTP. can you check in
config.log or vlc-config that the header used for wxwidgets are the one
of /usr/win32/include and not the one from Gentoo.

Also, which version of the contrib package do you have ?
And for next time could you provide the errors from make and not
./compile so we can see the gcc line which produce those error.

--
Xtophe