[vlc-devel] Re: vlc: svn commit r15494 (zorglub)

Rémi Denis-Courmont rem at videolan.org
Mon May 1 12:27:30 CEST 2006

Le Lundi 1 Mai 2006 12:04, Clément Stenac a écrit :
> I had the unrecoverable drift on a few files only (preferably with
> very low file-caching values, under 70ms), but I don't have any
> resampling problem (intel_8x0)

Resampling typically occurs at the beginning only. I presume this is due
to the stress while VLC starts all the plugins involved in performing
the file. This does not seem to be alsa specific, and also occurs often
with UDP streams in the beginning. I have to assume this is another
breakage/side effect of the synchro algorithm.

http://www.simphalempin.com/home/