[vlc-devel] Changing the mosaic-order in execution time - Part II

Mateus Krepsky Ludwich mateus at csp.com.br
Wed May 3 22:24:03 CEST 2006

Hi,
	some time ago I asked about change the mosaic-order in execution time.
Now, I came back to this question and I read superficially the files:
modules/video_filter/mosaic.c
and
modules/control/rc.c

In modules/control/rc.c I see "mosaic-cols", for example, in this functions:
	static void RegisterCallbacks( intf_thread_t *p_intf ) {
		var_Create( p_intf, "mosaic-cols", VLC_VAR_INTEGER |
VLC_VAR_ISCOMMAND );
	    	var_AddCallback( p_intf, "mosaic-cols", Other, NULL );
	}

	static int Other(....) {
		var_Set( p_input->p_libvlc, "mosaic-cols", val );
	}

And, in modules/video_filter/mosaic.c :

static int MosaicCallback(....) {
else if( !strcmp( psz_var, "mosaic-cols" ) )
     {
         vlc_mutex_lock( &p_sys->lock );
         // code of the change
         vlc_mutex_unlock( &p_sys->lock );
     }

}

To add the functionality of change mosaic-order in execution time,
should I proceed in this way? Or are there some extra factors involved
in this question? (that make difficult the implementation of this feature)

Many Thanks,
	Mateus K. Ludwich