[vlc-devel] Re: [vlc] Using qte output with VLC

Jean-Paul Saman jean-paul.saman at planet.nl
Sat May 6 10:54:56 CEST 2006

Jeremie Garnier wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Why I can't send a message to gerald.hansink at ordain.nl ????(a vlc team
> developpers).

He is not vlc team member, but wrote the qte vout support. Maybe he is
not working there anymore, and the e-mail address is wrong (should be
ordina).

> I allow myself to contact you because I do not manage to configure vlc
> for Qt embedded correctly. I saw on Internet that this part was not yet
> ready. It is right ?

The QTE support is not ready. There is a QTE video output that only
works in fullscreen mode and it hasn't been maintaned since the 0.7.x
releases.

> I currently use vlc-0.7 and qt-embedded-free-3.3.3. I just want to use
> qte video output (and not x11) and develop a GUI. Qt is build correctly
> ant I place --enable-qte and --with-qte=path-of-qte but it doesn't
> work...It say :
It would be better if you started with the current archive (Subversion)
$> svn co svn.videolan.org/svn/vlc/trunk

See http://developers.videolan.org/svn.html for more information on
howto checkout a fresh copy of vlc (latest developments).

> configure: error: echo "Cannot find QT Embedded development headers."
As it says it cannot find the development headers. Are you sure they are
in the include path?

> It is due to some errors in qshared.h and other headers but qt embedded
> is build correctly.
> Can you help me ?

I suggest to continue this mailthread on vlc-devel at videolan.org were it
belongs.