[vlc-devel] mozilla plugin on a intel osx
czirzow at gmail.com
Tue May 9 01:08:42 CEST 2006
I'm attempting to get the new mozilla plugin to work on my
computer, i was having some very strange issues when trying to get
the gecko-sdk (from the ppc version) so I went and tried to get a
intel version of the sdk ready and use it for the vlc compile,
below, (although it may be a bit lengthy) is what I did and how
resolved some issues i ran into.
Bare in mind, i'm new to mac's system way to do things so i may
have messed up in my process.
OSX Version: 10.4.6
CPU: 2ghz Intel Core Duo
Xtools: ::Version available if important::
VLC code: from subversion checkout.
Building the sdk for OSX on intel:
grab the mozilla 1.7.x (.13) source
Patch mozilla source:
mozilla 1.7.x comes with some outdated files:
xpcom/MoreFilex/MoreFilesX.c (v. 1.0.1)
xpcom/MoreFilex/MoreFilesX.h (v. 1.0.1)
(upgrade thsese files otherwise mozilla will have conflict
definition errors when making)
Get more updated files via (v 1.0.2):
Replace the MoreFilesX.* files.
* The without-x is needed if you have X stuff installed
* I'm not sure about the toolkit option but seems to be required if
have gtk installed, mozilla defaults to use gtk if found.
The files Needed for the sdk (from mozilla root):
# the xpcom sdk files.
cp -Rl dist/sdk/* ~/sdk-mac-intel/
(copy recursive file structure and resolve symbolic links to
# not xpcom sdk but general plugin includes
cp modules/plugin/base/public/*.h ~/sdk-mac-intel/include/
cp modules/plugin/base/public/*.idl ~/sdk-mac-intel/idl/
cp sun-java/stubs/include/jni.h ~/sdk-mac-intel/include/
cp sun-java/stubs/include/jni_md.h ~/sdk-mac-intel/include/
cp sun-java/stubs/include/jri.h ~/sdk-mac-intel/include/
cp sun-java/stubs/include/jri_md.h ~/sdk-mac-intel/include/
cp sun-java/stubs/include/jritypes.h ~/sdk-mac-intel/include/
Building vlc with sdk:
I used the same procedures as from:
Except a few changes in the ./configure line:
--with-goom # it wasn't found in my configure.
Problems with make:
#1 vlcshell.cpp:1: error: bad value (pentium2) for -mtune= switch
Fix: change vlc-config and remove the -mtune option in
and re-'make' vlc
* i'm not sure why this occurs but removing the value will remove
#2 -arch ppc is specified in mozilla/Makefile
Fix: remove all -arch ppc from mozilla/Makefile
* seems that configure doesn't recognize the proper arch the build
is for. probably some configure.in tweaks is just needed.
Everything goes fine, except during the linking stage, the error
yet to get resolved is:
[linking command removed to be as brief as possible]
/usr/bin/ld: warning multiple definitions of symbol _locale_charset
/usr/lib/libiconv.dylib(localcharset.o) definition of
definition of _locale_charset
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
I'm not sure exactly where the /usr/lib/libiconv.dylib depedency is
comming from but I thought I'd through out my process before I go
any further in trying to get things working.
cat .signature: No such file or directory
This is the vlc-devel mailing-list, see http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
To unsubscribe, please read http://developers.videolan.org/lists.html
More information about the vlc-devel