[vlc-devel] Problem with SAP listener

Johann Hanne jhml at gmx.net
Fri May 12 20:45:41 CEST 2006

Hi,

since version 0.8.2 (introduction of a new playlist/SAP mechanism) I've got a
problem: Only one stream offered by a streaming server which offers about 20
streams (multicast/udp/mpeg2, seperate SAP announcements for every stream) is
shown in the playlist.

I suspect that the new SAP discovery code only uses the SOURCE ip address as
the key value for the SAP list. Thus it only recognizes the first SAP
announcement from the server though there are many more which have the same
source address but different destination address.

It worked fine until version 0.8.1, so it should be fixed in the next versions
again...?

Cheers, Johann