[vlc-devel] Re: Problem with SAP listener

Marian Durkovic md at bts.sk
Sun May 14 08:35:04 CEST 2006

On Fri, May 12, 2006 at 08:45:41PM +0200, Johann Hanne wrote:
> Hi,
>
> since version 0.8.2 (introduction of a new playlist/SAP mechanism) I've got a
> problem: Only one stream offered by a streaming server which offers about 20
> streams (multicast/udp/mpeg2, seperate SAP announcements for every stream) is
> shown in the playlist.
>
> I suspect that the new SAP discovery code only uses the SOURCE ip address as
> the key value for the SAP list. Thus it only recognizes the first SAP
> announcement from the server though there are many more which have the same
> source address but different destination address.
>
> It worked fine until version 0.8.1, so it should be fixed in the next versions
> again...?

VLC behaviour is correct, but with VLC 0.8.2 and later you need to use
the latest version of miniSAPserver, where this bug is already fixed.

	With kind regards,

		M.

----   Marian Durkovic                       network  manager         ----
----   Slovak Technical University           Tel: +421 2 524 51 301   ----