[vlc-devel] Re: VLC GTK widget

Omar Barneto obarneto at hasar.com
Wed May 24 17:37:19 CEST 2006

I wanted to do the same as you need and I'd to modify the file
/modules/video_output/x11/xcommon.c on the
vlc source tree
This affect the plugin libx11_plugin.so,libglx_plugin.so and
libxvideo_plugin.so.
The GTK program must inform to vlc plugin the window ID setting a
environment variable:
WINDOWID=ID vlc -Idummy options files

I have a gtkmm program but in gtk is the same.
In a Gtkmm program you must add a Gtk::Socket object to the object where
you want to play the video and obtain the window ID using.

Gtk::Socket s;
Gtk::VBox box;
box.pack_start(s);
// build the command line
char *cmd = g_strdup_printf("WINDOWID=%u vlc -I dummy options
file",s->get_id());
run(cmd);   // Execute vlc in background
g_free_(wid);
If you wanted I can send you the modify program to a personal e-mail
address because I can't attach files to
the list.