[vlc-devel] Re: Usage of internal ffmpeg symbols

Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò flameeyes at gentoo.org
Sun May 28 03:24:24 CEST 2006

On Saturday 27 May 2006 14:37, Benjamin Pracht wrote:
> VLC has an option to use the mpeg4 default quantization matrix with
> mpeg2 streams, as user defined quantization matrix, as it seems to give
> better results with some streams. That way it uses those ffmpeg
> constants to initialize the context's intra_matrix and inter_matrix
> variables. Now, I guess we could include those constants in some header
> on our side...
The attached patch imports the symbols from ffmpeg, thus allowing VLC to work
with the experimentally hidden symbols. It should also allow the compiler to
do a better job as it's static const now.

HTH,
--
Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò - http://farragut.flameeyes.is-a-geek.org/
Gentoo/Alt lead, Gentoo/FreeBSD, Video, AMD64, Sound, PAM, KDE