[vlc-devel] Webcam acquisition picture size difference between 0.8.4a and 0.8.5

John Kinson vlc at yellowradio.com
Tue May 30 16:12:57 CEST 2006

I have been running the pre-compiled Win32 build of vlc version 0.8.4a
(based on SVN revision 13705), displaying a Philips PCVC675 USB VGA
Camera.  By default, the images are I420 Video at 320x240.

I then downloaded and installed the official Win32 binary release of VLC
version 0.8.5 to a different directory.  Now when I display the output
from the same webcam using this version of vlc, the images are displayed
at 128x96, not 320x240.

Why would these two versions of vlc be different?  Is there any reason
why neither version uses the camera's native resolution of 640x480?

JK
--
John Kinson
http://www.mirifice.com/