[vlc-devel] Removing file concatenation from file access

Rémi Denis-Courmont rem at videolan.org
Wed Nov 1 09:40:48 CET 2006

	Hugh,

The scheme used for file concatenation in the file access plugin is
currently completely broken. It uses a "file-cat" variable. Now that
looks nice, but the thing is nowadays, many things use the access
plugins for other purpose than just reading the "primary" data source.
One example is the XSPF playlist which reads its data with the access
plugin too. And then file-cat will append data past the end of the XSPF
playlist too...

To me, the whole design is broken. So I am probably going to remove
this broken feature shortly.

looking for a job
http://www.simphalempin.com/home/infos/CV-en.pdf